In 2015, Florida retired the FCAT assessments testing and implemented FSA, Florida Standards Assessment. The Florida Standards Assessments measures student’s performance and aptitude in a collection of reading, writing and math tests, which are tied to Florida’s Common Core-based standards, which outline a student’s knowledge base dependent upon their grade-level.
According to the Florida Department of Education, the following information is available regarding FSA:
Florida Standards Assessments
With the Florida standards in place to help Florida students succeed, the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, and end-of-course (EOC) subjects (Algebra 1 and Geometry) serve Florida students by measuring education gains and progress. Students, parents/guardians, and educators are encouraged to check the FSA Portal often to access important information and resources as they are available.
The Statewide Science Assessment is still administered to students in grades 5 and 8. Information about the previous FCAT 2.0 assessments (reading, writing, and mathematics) is available at FCAT 2.0 Historical.
The FSA Portal provides resources for students, parents, educators, test administrators, school assessment coordinators, district assessment coordinators, and technology coordinators. Some of the available resources include:
• The 2018-19 FSA English Language Arts and Mathematics Fact Sheet (PDF) and the 2018-19 FSA End-
of-Course Assessments Fact Sheet (PDF) provide useful information regarding 2018-19 FSA assessments.
• Practice tests are provided for students to become familiar with the paper-based item types and the computer-based system, functionality, and item types; the tests are not intended to guide classroom instruction.
• ELA Text-Based Writing Samplers are also available to define how points will be given within each domain.
• Test item specifications define the content and format of the assessment and test items for each grade level and subject.
• The test design summaries and blueprints for ELA (PDF) and for Mathematics (PDF) provide more detailed information about the assessments, including the percentage of items in each content category, cognitive complexity, and approximate number of test items.
• The FSA Calculator and Reference Sheet Policies (PDF) document describes policies and materials specific to the mathematics assessments. In addition, the scientific calculator provided in the AIR Test Delivery System is available for student practice.
Much of this information is online, but it can be difficult for students and even their parents to navigate. Also finding the time to actually sit down and go through the courses and practice tests takes a lot of accountability and responsibility. That’s why KnowledgePoints includes an element of FSA preparation into their tutoring services.
KnowledgePoints is the local tutoring and test preparatory leader in the industry because of their experience and their success rate. With numerous programs offered at levels to suit all ages and needs, KnowledgePoints understands that a “one-size-fits-
all” approach is counterintuitive and that customizing each plan specific to the student is what sets them apart.
Offering tutoring and test preparation in reading, writing, study skills, phonics, elementary through high school math, algebra through calculus, the KnowledgePoints’ staff is trained on how to achieve the best results with students, using patience and an individualized approach to help that student build the skills they need to be successful. KnowledgePoints provides superior supplemental education services to benefit children, parents, and educators to help them achieve success in school and life in communities across the nation. For preparation and tutoring, KnowledgePoints is the expert in the field that can help you achieve the scores you need.
Not every child is the same, nor should their tutoring be a one size fits all approach. With affordable tutoring and proven results, contact KnowledgePoints today to help your child succeed in school and in life with confidence.
To find out more about how KnowledgePoints can help you or your loved one, call them today at
727-484-6178 (Trinity) or 813-909-0781
(Land O’ Lakes), or see below for website.
10720 State Road 54 Suite 110
Trinity, FL 34655
KnowledgePoints Land O’ Lakes
2201 Collier Pkwy
Land O’ Lakes, FL 34639
Hours of Operation
Mon – Thurs: 11:30am – 7:30pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
*They accept the Gardiner Scholarship and the new Step Up for Students Reading Scholarship!