By Michelle VanOstran –
You have finally decided to get in shape, lose weight, and improve overall fitness level, but now the debate between the popular CrossFit and regular old weight training is giving you a headache. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of each and help you make a decision that will help you achieve your short and long-term goals, while enjoying your workout. Let’s get into that comparison of crossfit vs weight training!
So what exactly is Crossfit? CrossFit is an intense strength and conditioning exercise program that is a cross between functional exercises, cardiovascular, resistance training, and geared to fit everyone’s fitness levels.
CrossFit has a “Workout of the Day” (or WOD) that can include any number of exercises including running, squats, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. The workouts are geared to help participants gain lean muscle mass, decrease body fat, and increase endurance.
THE BENEFITS OF CROSSFIT ARE:
1. Variety. With CrossFit Pinnacle classes, you will never be bored because the WOD changes each day and can vary from a “light” day to a “heavy” day. You will never have to plan or change your workouts because the coaches at CrossFit take care of that for you.
2. Group setting. Each class has 5-20 participants depending on the time of the day. Studies have proven that exercising in a group setting helps improve motivation and effort.
3. Exposure to new exercises. Snatch and Clean, Good Mornings, and Jerk are just a few of the Olympic lifts that you will learn in a CrossFit class. These exercises require proper technique and form to prevent injury and the coaches at CrossFit will help each individual execute these difficult exercises in proper form. Most of us would never even try a Snatch and Clean in our lifetime, but with CrossFit, you are exposed to new and exciting lifts.
It seems obvious that CrossFit Pinnacle is an excellent choice for beginners and professional atheletes
1. Boring. Many people, mostly beginners, tend to find weight training boring. They state that they do not see results fast enough. While this may be true, the results will manifest gradually if you are consistent.
2. Basic knowledge. If you decide to weight train instead of CrossFit, it would be wise to do your homework and learn the proper form and technique for every exercise to prevent injuries. Weight training requires a basic understanding of muscles, movements that will strengthen certain muscles, and an understanding of sets and repetitions. It may be helpful to work with a personal trainer for a few sessions to learn the basics.
CROSSFIT PINNACLE’S MANTRA:
FITNESS ALLOWS YOU TO LIVE YOUR BEST.
The Crossfit Pinnacle believes physical fitness is more than how it is technically defined rather fitness is a state of mind, a way of being. It shows up in the way you walk, talk, eat, sleep, work, play, dress and relax. Physical Fitness embodies of the characteristics of honor, courage, confidence, discipline, integrity, responsibility, dedication, and joy. It is has a healing effect in reducing the immediate and cumulative effects of stress and anxiety.
The Crossfit Pinnacle has found that the fitter a person is, the more he/she has a clearer and optimistic view of life and is physically able to do the things that bring joy and fun into their life. Physical fitness affects everything in your life, from feeling strong, confident and energetic throughout your normal work day, to running around with your kids, playing sports, or even traveling to remote corners of the earth.
Ultimately, Crossfit Pinnacle believes that being physically fit is inspiring; it makes you feel good, it enriches your life, and adds both years to your life, and life to your years!
CROSSFIT VS WEIGHT TRAINING
By Michelle VanOstran –