Ileocecal Valve Disorder is often misdiagnosed as it can mimic many other disorders. The Ileocecal Valve is a sphincter muscle that is located off of the small intestine. It is responsible for digestion and blocking toxins or waste from backing up into the small intestine. If the valve is damaged, it can begin to malfunction and open or close inadvertently, which can cause several issues to arise.
Leaky gut is known to cause bacteria and non-digested food to enter the bloodstream; once this occurs, it’s critical to get one’s gut health back into a healthy state. Leaky gut contributes to numerous chronic conditions, including autoimmune dysfunction.
If the ileocecal valve stays open, patients might undergo bouts of diarrhea and dehydration. If the valve remains closed, waste and toxins are reabsorbed, and bowel movements can be confined, or it can cause constipation. Either condition will cause pain and discomfort along with the following symptoms:
• Abdominal pain
• Back pain
• Bad breath
• constipation or diarrhea
• Dark circles
• Flu-like symptoms
• Gas and bloating
• Shoulder pain
• Skin conditions
• Weakened immunity
When the bowel is irritated, it’s recommended to avoid certain foods. These include roughage such as whole grains, raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds and snack like chips or popcorn. It’s also advised to avoid spicy food, alcohol and caffeine. While some of these foods are healthy, they can exacerbate the irritation and lead to long lasting adverse effects. You will be better suited with a diet that is soft, such as over cooked vegetables, and lean protein that is easier to digest such as bone broth and fish. Dr. Podlaski works directly with his patients to customize a plan that is best for them personally.
Along with diet, there are other treatments available, one such method is to manually hold the ileocecal valve closed and to massage the area. Dr. Podlaski shows patients precisely how to maneuver the valve for optimal results.
The valve functions under nerve control and is influenced by digestive secretions, as well as emotions. Correcting the valve’s function requires the efforts of your doctor and yourself. Using applied kinesiology techniques, Dr. Podlaski will examine and determine the level of dysfunction and provide treatment to improve nerve control of the digestive system, as well as possibly recommend nutritional supplements to reduce the irritation and aid in digestion.1
At the Natural Medicine Institute we are “patient centered.” Our belief is in the concept that we strive to treat the person that has a condition and not the condition that has the person. What this means is that we help your body heal itself by treating you with a “whole person” approach, without the use of unnecessary drugs, needless surgeries or invasive procedures.
For over 38 years Dr. Podlaski has been licensed to practice Chiropractic Medicine and holistic Integrative Natural/functional Medicine utilizing clinical nutrition, acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy, Cranial-Sacral Therapy and functional medicine testing.
The difference in Functional Medicine is that we do in-depth evaluations and testing to get to the root cause of your condition.
Natural Medicine Institute’s Optimal Health Evaluation
1. Balance Adrenal Stress Response: Under constant stress our bodies cannot function well and heal. We evaluate the six stressors that may interfere with and weaken your body (foods, chemicals, heavy metals, immune challenges, scars/tattoos, electromagnetic exposure (such as cell phones and computers, etc.)
2. Body/Nutrition Reflex Analysis and Correction: Specific body reflex analysis of each organ or system utilizing Nutrition Response Testing, Nutri-Spec & Applied Kinesiology, Personal Designed Clinical Nutrition Programs are recommended according to your own unique biochemical individuality.
3. Allergy and Energetic Sensitivity: Re-programming with NAET and ASERT assists the body by using acupuncture needle-less technique to help your body deal with food, chemical or environmentally imposed reactions.
4. Meridian Energy Assessment & Balance: Modern computerized evaluation of the acupuncture/meridian system. No needle acupuncture available, cold laser, electroacupuncture, traditional needle acupuncture, herbs.
5. Enzyme Replacement Therapy: Lack of enzymes and hydrochloric acid contribute to leaky gut problems, delayed food hypersensitivity and many musculo-skeletal and joint problems.
6. Lifestyle Modification: Consultation, proper food choices, lifestyle coaching, controlling detrimental habits (smoking, drug, alcohol and food addictions), weight loss resistance, insulin resistance.
7. Heavy Metal & Toxic Stress Reduction: We live in a toxic world. Using nutrition and Homeopathy along with Bio-Detox Programs, we can assist your body in its detoxification pathways.
8. Toxic Organism Detox: Exposure to viruses, bacteria, yeast and parasites can weaken your immune system. Past or present use of antibiotics or medication can help with acute situations, but can lead to imbalances–causing leaky gut, fatigue, allergies and an overall decreased state of wellness. Gluten sensitivity is also a major contributing factor.
9. Probiotic Bowel Replenishment & Re-inoculation: Your body needs proper balance of good and bad bacteria for optimal health. Proper gut flora (“the second brain”) promotes a healthy intestinal environment for good immune system function and neurotransmitter production.
10. Neuro-Emotional Re-Integration: Various neuro-emotional techniques, such as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), LENS NEUROFEEDBACK, Neuro Emotional Technique, Positive Point Therapy, First Aid Stress Tool and the use of Eye Lights along with proper nutritional and hormonal balance can reduce stress caused by past or present injuries or memories negatively programmed in the brain.
11. Re-Establish Neuro-Structural Integrity: The nervous system controls every cell, tissue, organ and organ system in the body. Inflammation at the cellular level, caused by nerve interference and toxins, needs to be corrected. Chiropractic, Craniosacral Therapy
12. Metabolic Lab Analysis & Correction: Blood chemistry, urinalysis, hair analysis, salivary hormone testing and functional medicine testing for accurate assessment to get to the root cause of the problem.
1. ICAK-USA, 6405 Metcalf Ave, Shawnee Mission Kanasa 66202, 2005