From balance issues, diminished eyesight, arthritis, immobility, to cognitive decline, some conditions make it high-risk and unsafe for seniors living on their own. Trips, slips, and falls from household items like extension cords, bulky area rugs, slippery bathtubs, ladders, and uneven flooring, are often what cause so many seniors to fall. If you live on your own, it’s important to be safe. You could try to make things logistically better within the home, such as making sure the phone is within reach, clearing clutter, recommending assistive technology like walkers, hearing aids, long-reach activator poles, buttoning aids, bed and bathtub handles and medical alert devices, to name a few.
Aging can be challenging not only relating to our health but also our ability to perform daily tasks and to live the life we deserve. If you’re contemplating senior living, Pacifica is here to help you safely transition and move into their community even through the coronavirus pandemic, storms or whatever else we will face in the future. Their staff practices universal precautions and will help residents with proper, ongoing hygiene. No matter what the world is facing, Pacifica is always stocked with food and water and all essential supplies for their residents and patients.
They can assist with medication management and implement protocols to help seniors thrive in all manner of times. Additionally, Pacifica is well-equipped with a generator and solar panels onsite. With plenty of activities, you will never feel isolated or be faced to watch the news all day long (which exacerbates depression in many individuals).
Pacifica offers 24-hour care, doctor onsite visits, housekeeping service, laundry service, chef prepared meals and transportation.
COVID-19—Ensuring the health and well-being of our residents and employees. Pacifica follows all recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Their staff has been trained on proper procedures and will continue to be vigilant to ensure they are keeping their community prepared. Pacifica is proactively focused on prevention using the following methods:
• All guests including family, friends, vendors and staff should limit visits unless absolutely necessary.
• Upon entering the community all guests are required to complete a screening.
• All visitors must enter a community through the main entrance and wash their hands and/or utilize available hand sanitizer whenever they enter the community.
• Postponing some social events or excursions where our residents would be exposed to groups of people from the general public.
• Visits to private family homes are acceptable.
• We continue to monitor additional screening questions to new residents to ensure they have not been exposed to COVID-19 or visited affected areas.
• Family, friends, staff, vendors, and all potential visitors who are ill must postpone visits to the community until they are well.
Additional cleaning protocols include:
• Heightened focus on disinfecting high-touch areas like doorknobs, elevator buttons, faucets and handrails
• Increased cleaning of high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spaces
• Reinforcing hand-washing and infection control training for all employees
• Providing additional personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies
Pacifica Senior Living has enough food and supplies in the community for all residents, and consistently restock. They prepare meals three times per day, as well as snacks and hydration. Pacifica provides access to 24-hour health care staff, regular checks made to check on the residents for care and safety, planned activities to avoid isolation that meet the CDC guidelines, and physician’s visits within the community.
Resident health and safety is always Pacifica’s top priority and they thank you in advance for helping to support us in our company-wide efforts to keep our community COVID-19 free.
For information about the options and services available at Pacifica, or to schedule an appointment for a tour, call 352-414-2507 today.
Pacifica Senior Living – Ocala